What, Who, and How Can You Write for Social Media Gids
What we're looking for to publish
Successful guest entries are extensive, data driven and interesting messages that teach us something new about the world of social media. We publish for original independent entrepreneurs (zzp'ers), marketing staff / managers, communication staff / managers, account managers and directors, how small and medium-sized companies can use social media channels and social media platforms to achieve their business goals.
Our articles cover channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouYube, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google+ and Periscope. Also platform tools for example creating images, track analytics, social video and dashboard solutions.
We're also interested in publishing any side topic that our readers care about, which includes things like hiring, team development, job hunting, writing, design and larger internet trends, as long as it is related to social media.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that's been published elsewhere;
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of the social media blog. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords and jargon;
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article;
- No more than one link to your company's website in the body of the post. (The link must be relevant to the subject at hand, and does not point to your main URL, a product landing page, or to content that is behind a lead generator).
However, we're happy to consider any post which will provide a genuine benefit for our readers.
What we can't accept and won't publish
- Anything that's been covered on our blog before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles;
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme;
- Anything that's too promotional for your company or organization;
- Anything that's offensive or inaccurate;
- Anything that's overly critical of individuals or companies.
Who we’re looking for
- We accept only individual writers (not company, content teams). We prefer content from practicing social media marketers who have in-depth knowledge of social media rather than a general base of online marketing knowledge;
- Your writing should demonstrate that you’re able to offer unique, tactical insights based upon your hands-on experience; posts that offer tutorials on tools, step-by-step how-tos for using channel features, walkthroughs for executing tactics, etc.
How to submit your blog
- Please email social [at] socialmediagids [dot] com with the following:
- Please write "Guest blogging submission" in the subject field of your e-mail;
- Please sent your completed post as an HTML file or Word Doc (We ask you to start your article with one or two questions, because people can't help and want to answer questions. Questions are a excellent as blog article hooks (introductions);
- Providing us with the following SEO and image support will help us to promote your content:
- Choose a highly searched word or word combination with the highest number of results in Google that best fits your post;
- Proposed titles that include your keyword or phrase;
- For image ideas you can try Flickr, Canva, Google Images, and other sites;
- A one sentence (max. 155 character) summary of your post that will appear when it is shared on Twitter, Facebook and other social media (Depents one what kind of article it is).
- Provide at least 3 image files (1 image of 2100 px * 1155 px for the cover of the blog article, 1 image for the header of the blog article 1875 px * 480 px and at least 1 image to be able to post in the blog article 700 px * 350 px);
- Please put in your text where you want your image(s) to be published;
- Please mention the source of the facts, figures, quotes, PDFs, PPTs, DOCs, pictures or video files you're using so we can 'credit' them. So yes, it can also be you're self;-);
- Give a short author bio including, send us a headshot image (JPG) of you, your social media accounts names and a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website/blog;
- If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published and when. That process may take up to 2 weeks. Please do not contact us again within that time.
Note! Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions. Sorry for that!
What we don't want to say but have to....
Submissions must meet the Social Media Gids blogging team quality standards in order to get published.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, or Inbound.org afterward. Here's more on what you can do besides sharing it like crazy;
- The Social Media Gids blogging team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness;
- Social Media Gids reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Social Media Gids content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content;
- We will not compensate you financialy. You hold the copyright to your work;
- In rare cases, contributed posts may be removed from the blog.